Re: how to use fetchmail with MS Office 365 / davmail?

On 2021-04-28 at 20:20, Gregor Zattler wrote:

Which means that I have to authenticate via a web form with
the company's login server.  MS does not know the passwords
instead hashes are exchanged between the servers.  Some
clients (Outlook) are able to cache successful
authentication for days but also need to relay
authentication to the company's server.

I would like to use IMAP to access email in order to
circumvent Outlook, but AFAIK there is no way for fetchmail
or other command line tools to authenticate via web page and
use the IMAP Server then (Thunderbird is able to do this but
I don't want to use Thunderbird).

I hoped davmail would be able to do that but I have no clue
how to tell davmail to authenticate in this way.  AFAIK the
only way is to provide a password which does not apply here.

This is working for me on Debian Buster:
http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/compfac/faq/davmail.html

I run davmail 5.5 as suggested. Don't forget to set it up as O365Interactive to get the web page to show up. I also run fetchmail to put the INBOX into /var/mail/ . Just point fetchmail at your davmail imap port.

-Jonathan