Re: Multichannel audio playback (was: Multichannel audio listening)

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Four years ago this interesting thread.  Now I've purchased a Behringer
> UMC404HD 4-channels audio interface and finally want to do my experiment.  Now
> I have a 3-channel .wav file and 3 loudspeakers connected to Behringer's
> output: I want to playback each channel to a different speaker.  I get error:
>
> $ ecasound -i 3canali.wav -f:16,3,44100 -o alsahw,2,0
> *        ecasound v2.9.1 (C) 1997-2014 Kai Vehmanen and others
> (eca-chainsetup) Chainsetup "untitled-chainsetup"
> (eca-chainsetup) NOTE: Real-time configuration, but insufficient privileges
> ... to utilize real-time scheduling (SCHED_FIFO). With small buffersizes,
> ... this may cause audible glitches during processing.
> (eca-chainsetup) "rt" buffering mode selected.
> ERROR:  Connecting chainsetup failed: "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE:
> ... Only WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT are supported."

Hi Rodolfo,

As didier gaumet writes, 3canali.wav is not one of
ecasound's supported formats. You should find out what it
is. Maybe try

file 3canali.wav

Also, ecasound can use libsndfile to expand the range of
compatible audiofiles for reading and writing.

ecasound -i:libsndfile,audiofile -o alsa

If the extension doesn't match the file format, you can
specify the file type, e.g.

ecasound -i:libsndfile,audiofile,aiff -o alsa

cheers

--
Joel Roth