Re: Evolution

Jerry Mellon wrote:

> Hello,I have been using Debian 10 now for about 6 months and all of a
> sudden Evolution will not allow me to login.I am getting a box while
> Evolution is starting and loading that says "Please enter the password for
> xxxxxxxx@xxx"an below is my user ID and the password as dots. I reenter
> the password(checked at to correctness). The box disappears but returns in
> 10-15 sec.I have logged in to my email account from my browser and user id
> and password are correct.Any suggestions as to what to try.

Unfortunately I gave up on Gnome and it's family of gnomes many years ago.
But I recall this odd behavior from the past when I was checking the
progress of the Gnome desktop from time to time.

example from 2010
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/461414-Cannot-Use-Evolution-because-of-Keyring-Password-in-gnome

Even if they come up with OnlineAccounts or whatever - honestly I do not
want to insult anybody, but why the waste of human time?

On the other hand to make the reader laugh I think it is probably good that
these developers are busy with breaking and repairing Gnome all the time,
so that they can not break anything else around :D

If you want a stable desktop you know there is one called Trinity Desktop
(TDE) - it just works. But upfront the Evolution monster will behave the
same if you insist using it :D