[SOLVED] Re: Default browser settings muddle

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:00:54 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

Hello All,

>I've finally settled on a browser, but some apps, when they call the
>browser, open a page such as;
>file:///home/brad/.cache/kioexec/krun/49841_0/somepageorother
>rather than
>http://url.of.website/somepageorother
>The number in the 'file:///...' call will be different each time.

This turned put to be as a result of a broken browser.desktop file in
.local/share/applications/  Deleting it, and then adding the browser to
the kicker menu generated a new, valid .desktop file.  A tweak to
a couple of file associations in System Settings, and I'm all set.

Thanks go to Luca Pedrielli on the Debian KDE ML for the help in locating
the problem.

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn