Default browser settings muddle

Hello,

I've recently been trying a few different browsers altering default
browser settings via KDE/Plasma settings software.

I've finally settled on a browser, but some apps, when they call the
browser, open a page such as;
file:///home/brad/.cache/kioexec/krun/49841_0/somepageorother
rather than
http://url.of.website/somepageorother
The number in the 'file:///...' call will be different each time.

I've ensured that both gnome-browser and x-www-browser point to the
correct browser, but cannot for the life of me figure out why some calls
are being mishandled.

My online searches have proved fruitless (clearly my search fu isn't up
to snuff) and am hopeful that someone far more knowledgeable than I can
shed some light.

Using Debian testing, with KDE plasma 5.20  Any help greatly appreciated.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually