Re: Nvidia graphic card and newer kernels (open source driver)

On 23.04.2021 21:31, Malte Marwedel wrote:
Has anyone experience with Nvidia cards without closed source drivers and newer kernels?
I've stopped my attempts to make "nouveau" work a long time ago and never looked back.
It is not finished, it lacks so much even basic functionality and now that developers are abandoning the project, it probably will stay in development hell forever.

Any Ideas? I don't want to install the closed source module, I had enough pain with fglrx ~10 years ago.
Why not? For your GTX 660 it is as simple as "# apt install nvidia-driver".
I have GTX1060 6Gb and it works great. Zero pain\crashes\freezes with OS and no problems with other software.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org