Re: looks like I need an hid interface

On Thursday 22 April 2021 15:10:34 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 02:47:43PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/bullseye_di_rc1/amd64/ji
> > >gdo- cd/debian-bullseye-DI-rc1-amd64-netinst.jigdo
> > > https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/bullseye_di_rc1/amd64/ji
> > >gdo- cd/debian-bullseye-DI-rc1-amd64-netinst.template
> > >
> > > And
> > >
> > > http://deb.debian.org/debian/
> > >
> > > [In other words the CDN - content distribution network - and it
> > > "just works"]
> > >
> > > I had also tried it with my local mirror - which is faster because
> > > it's less than 20 metres away - same result.
> > >
> > > It does, however, do the right thing and warn that MD5 is no
> > > longer a secure hash.
> > >
> > > For DVD, substitute the DVD .jigdo files - I generally find that I
> > > download the .jigdo and .template files into my home directory and
> > > then use
> > >
> > > file:///home/someusersomewhere/debian-bullseye-DI-rc1-amd64-netins
> > >t.ji gdo
> > > file:///home/someusersomewhere/debian-bullseye-DI-rc1-amd64-netins
> > >t.te mplate
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Andy C.

> > And it did, I'm writing a R/W dvd right now. It appears I have 2 100
> > spindles of dvd's, been kept in the dark in a closed file cabinet
> > drawer, that have aged out and are unusable now. But R/W sony's
> > still work. I think, k3b tried to erase a blank R/W and reported it
> > failed, but went ahead and wrote it anyway.
> >
> > I'll see if the sums are correct, and if it boots but I need to
> > collect TDE for bullseye before I install.
>
> If you install and get it on the network - then you can just pull in
> TDE by adding the ppa in your apt sources.

This isn't ubuntu.

> Alternatively - there's a bunch of desktops that are lighter than
> GNOME available to you at install.

Go warsh yur fingers now Andy :), gno* is not my cup of tea. Neither is
the new kde. TDE, generally Just Works, they've fixed tons of bugs Ingo
K. couldn't be bothered with back in the day. He was always too busy
herding cats. :(

I been using kmail for nearly 20 years now, some original mail traffic in
my email corpus dates to 2002, so I know its warts well.

Thanks Andy C.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis