Re: looks like I need an hid interface

On Thursday 22 April 2021 13:07:22 Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > > The bullseye-RC1 iso files are out:
>
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And I like to use jigdo, but
> > its been putzed with since the last time I used it, and I couldn't
> > make it run as it demanded far more arguments than it used to.
>
> Can you tell the questions which you get asked and what you answered ?

jigdo-lite filename.jigdo

its stuck asking for the number of the image to download, I entered 1,
and its silent for about 30 seconds then asks again, wash rinse and
repeat for just the enter key. I gave up and ctl-c'd it after 4 or so
times around that mulberry bush.

If this stuff is going to get played with, have the courtesy to update
the help screens too so we know what we fat fingered to fubar it. The
only thing the jigdo-lite help screen is useful for is to get its
version number. no examples, no syntax error, nothing usefull.

> Are there more or other questions than in
>   https://wiki.debian.org/JigdoOnLive#Download_one_or_more_Jigdo_ISOs

That page IS helpfull, but the one I landed on originally wasn't.

Then I noted as I'm typing this, some traffic in gkrellm's net window so
I go back to that terminal screen I thought I'd killed it in, and its
working now. But it wasted at least 10 minutes banging on
carroll.something.edu with no response.  The first unk response should
have interrogated a backup site.

> Have a nice day :)

I'll reserve that for if and when its done and I can write a dvd.

Thanks  Thomas
> Thomas

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)