Re: Zoom.

On 4/21/21, Richmond <richmond@criptext.com> wrote:
> peter@easthope.ca writes:
>
>> Installed Zoom in Debian 10.
>>
>> Checked dependancies listed here.
>> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-or-updating-Zoom-on-Linux
>>
>> A right click on the video camera icon and release on "Join Meeting..."
>> gives
>> the window in this screenshot.
>> http://easthope.ca/ZoomJoinMeeting2021-04-21.png
>>
>> Ideas welcome.
>>
>> Thx,                                  ... P.
>
> I downloaded zoom_amd64.deb from zoom.us and installed it using apt I
> think. It checks dependencies for you.
>
> sudo apt install ~/Downloads/zoom_amd64.deb

I just had to do this AGAIN yesterday. I download the dotDEB file then
"dpkg -i" it. It always fails due to missing dependencies. Somewhere
in the failed effort, the reminder to "apt --fix-broken install"
appears so that's what I do next.

Yesterday it worked perfectly. Everything was done in about a minute.
60 seconds.

Other times, it's a battle of going back and forth cherry picking
missing dependencies from packages.debian.org then running the "dpkg
-i" command on them, too, until every package is finally satisfied.
I'm a-suming that yesterday's success was due to Bullseye getting
ready to roll over into stable..

Maybe. Whatever the reason, yesterday was a good day for it to go that
smoothly. Thank you to all who help make that happen. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *