Re: dovecot packages

	Hi.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 01:00:24PM -0400, Michael Grant wrote:
> V2.1.14 has been around for about a month.  What's surprising is that
> on the tracker web page, usually there's an 'action needed' with a 'A
> new upstream version is available...' but not here.  Is something
> broken there?  Who do I tell?

Debian source for the package can provide so-called "watch" file that's
used exactly for the purpose of notifying the maintainer of new upstream
version.  Debian's dovecot provides such file, and it's deliberately
locked at version 2.3:

https://dovecot.org/releases/2.3/dovecot-([\.0-9]+)\.tar\.gz

So no, it's unlikely that something in dovecot packaging is broken.

> Is this 'action needed' something that is updated manually?

Given the current state of the watch file - no.
Currently Debian is in the state of package freeze (preparing for the
release of the bullseye), so uploads to the sid are discouraged (or
outright forbidden, I forgot which phase of the freeze Debian is
currently in), unless they fix RC bugs. And I see no such bugs for
dovecot - [2].

> I coulnd't easily find the debian maintainer to pass this on.

[1] shows me at least 4 possible maintainer contacts.

> Suggestions? or should I just ignore it and eventually someone will
> get to it?

If it really bothers you - file a bug report with "wishlist" priority.
At the very least you'll get an explanation from one of the maintainers.

Reco

[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/dovecot-core
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=dovecot