Re: Attempt to use the chipset NVIDIA Corp MCP79 [GeForce 8200M G] (rev b1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) with Dix. Teacher-Guide, Mr. Felix Miata

One question, as I am having cold feet, expecting heartbreak.

Does nouveau boot into GUI before purging the driver with any of the three:
apt purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
aptitude purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

I am sorry for the misinformation posted earlier.

Nouveau always has drawn a GUI, but then the system froze. If that is
your experience too, then I should be elated.

Best.
Rajib