Smart TV on WiFi as Extra Display

I have a smart TV which includes a browser. (An LG running WebOS, as
it happens.) It can, of course, display video streams from a given
URL. So I'm hoping someone has figured out a way to create a virtual
display on a Debian computer which streams its contents out as a live
video stream on some nice port, and which X or Wayland or whatever
sees as an extra display in xrandr or Gnome Settings>Displays or
whatever.

The dream:

- on Debian box, run /usr/local/bin/virtual-display -size 1920x1080 -port 8888 &
- on TV, browse to http://192.168.0.246:8888
- go to Gnome Settings>Displays and enable/configure the new display
- enjoy extra screen without dog chewing HDMI cable

Bonus points for getting pulseaudio to have a new sink that sends
audio output to the outgoing stream.

Cheers,

--Barak A. Pearlmutter <barak@pearlmutter.net>