Re: command to start sshfs at bootup?

On 4/17/21 21:31, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 17 April 2021 21:47:20 Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
>> getent hosts 3dprint
> nothing is returned.
>
> I think I might be on the trail though, I just recalled I had to rename
> another machine several months back, from 6040 to sixty40, someplace it
> doesn't like a hostname starting with a number. So I'll investigate that
> tomorrow. I just shut that one down for the night since I've not yet
> added it to amanda's nightly backups.
>
> Thanks Greg.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Hi Gene,

Post the output of

sftp -vvv gene@3dprint

for all to see. It may well contain some useful information.
The symptoms - Connection reset by peer - look to me like nothing is
listening at the far end, or maybe something went south with the
authentication. It might be worth looking at /var/log/messages and
/var/log/auth.log for events that correlate with the connection attempt.

Regards,

Tom Dial