Re: Problem with Macbook 2,1 Installation Instructions

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 06:20:19AM -0400, Carl N wrote:
> Can anyone please help me with this installation?
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple/MacBook/2-1
>
> the line:
> grub-install --target=i386-efi --efi-directory=/mnt/usb
> --boot-directory=/mnt/usb/boot --bootloader-id=boot --removable
>
> I try this and it says 'doesn't look like an EFI file system"
>
> I'm really stuck here.
>
> This macbook supports 64 bit operating system but the UEFI requires 32 bit
>
> that line I entered in the terminal (From the install guide) doesn't work.
> any help is appreciated

Ignore most of the above:

There is a CD image that will work here:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-mac-10.9.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Note: none of the images team has your hardware. Somebody somewhere may
have similarly old Mac hardware and had reported successful installs a while
ago. There were discussions either here / debian-cd as to whether it was
appropriate to continue making this Mac media.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy C