Problem with Macbook 2,1 Installation Instructions

Can anyone please help me with this installation?

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple/MacBook/2-1

the line:
grub-install --target=i386-efi --efi-directory=/mnt/usb --boot-directory=/mnt/usb/boot --bootloader-id=boot --removable

I try this and it says 'doesn't look like an EFI file system"

I'm really stuck here.

This macbook supports 64 bit operating system but the UEFI requires 32 bit

that line I entered in the terminal (From the install guide) doesn't work.
any help is appreciated