Re: trouble with sbuild

Hi,

> $ sbuild-createchroot --chroot-mode=unshare --make-sbuild-tarball ~/.cache/
> sbuild/unstable-amd64.tar.gz unstable $(mktemp -d)
> https://deb.debian.org/debian/
> [...]
> If I understand well, it is a Perl script that tries to execute some
> 'newuidmap' command that is part of the uidmap package and is not currently
> installed, neither present in the sbuild depends.
> I am trying to follow /u/s/d/sbuild/README.Debian that does not mention
> anything on this.
> What did I miss?

In the source upstream changelog:

   * Major changes in 0.77.0:

   1) core: New chroot mode "unshare" which allows unprivileged package builds
      by using Linux user namespaces. Only requires lightweight newuidmap and
      newgidmap suid binaries. Chroots can be created and updated without
      needing sudo and are stored in ~/.cache/sbuild or an arbitrary absolute
      path given via the --chroot option.

Installing the uidmap should fix your problem.

Maybe sbuild should recommend uidmap.

Alex