Re: Not Sure Which Package to Submit Bug Against

Kent West wrote:

> I did some experimentation afterwards, and have discovered that if
> user X mutes the mic, the mic then seems to be "owned" by user X, and
> no one and no OS can seem to unmute it. I was using the machine as
> user Y, which is why I couldn't unmute it, and when I handed the
> laptop to the hardware tech, logged in as user X, bingo! He umuted it.

I was looking into the same recently and reached the point of systemd +
ConsoleKit

Quote: "ConsoleKit ConsoleKit is a framework for defining and tracking
users, login sessions, and seats. ConsoleKit is currently not actively
maintained. The focus has shifted to the built-in seat/user/session
management of Software/systemd called systemd-logind!"

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ConsoleKit/

Basically the first logged in user takes ownership of the hardware and
ConsoleKit or systemd utility should handle the ownership if a second user
logged in.
I have not come so far to test this to the end.

Perhaps you try locking the session of the first user and see what happens -
if the second has access to the audio.