Re: Where Does Buster Store Packages with Synaptic Download packages files only Command

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 04:47, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I admit that this is probably a silly question, but Google has not been
> a friend.

This is quite puzzling, because my experience is quite different.

> When I check Download packages only in Synaptic which directory is the
> destination?

When I typed "synaptic download where"
into a google search, this 2012 answer was the first result:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/40686/where-do-the-deb-files-go-when-i-select-download-only-in-synaptic-package-man

The search same result was obtained using the exact text above as
the google search string:
"When I check Download packages only in Synaptic which directory is
the destination"

I hardly ever use google as a search engine. I wonder: does google give
me different results because I use gmail on so many linux-related mailing
lists?

I guess to answer that question, I should be asking people who do NOT
use this mailing list what results they see for the same experiment :)