Re: bug considering accent marks

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 11:53:27PM +0200, laurent aerens wrote:
> Package: unknown
>
> Version: debian 9 - 10
>
> Severity: minor

This looks like you're attempting to generate headers for a bug report,
except that you're writing to debian-user rather than to the bug tracking
system, and you've accidentally put blank lines in between the headers.

> When I type accent marks (¨^´`) in the terminal followed by a letter (that
> does not match with the accent) (for example ^ and the letter n) nothing
> happens and the keystrokes get ignored.
>
> Typing an accent mark and a space allows you to input it in the terminal.

This is some form of "dead keys" mode.  There isn't an n with caret,
but if you were to type, say, ^ and a, I bet you would end up with â.

If you want to disable dead keys mode, you can try various Google
results.  There are so many different and confusing results that I
don't know which one to recommend, as I have never enabled it myself,
and wouldn't know how to enable it *or* disable it.

It would also help if you specified which desktop environment, if any,
you're using.  Knowing that might be a necessary part of the solution.