Re: No space left when: update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.0-5-amd64

>> where `MODULES=dep` and `COMPRESS=lzma` have made a big difference for
>> me (more or less shrunk the initrd images by a factor 3-4).
> Thank you.
> Why did you choose lzma Vs xz or zstd, by the way? Measured diff?

`lzma` and `xz` should be pretty much identical, it was a toss-up (I
have a preference for `lzip` in that space, but it's not available ;-).

`zstd` should compress significantly less (but is significantly faster
both to compress and to uncompress).  I focused on disk space usage
(but I did notice that uncompression takes a non-negligible amount of
time on my old Thinkpad X30 when the initrd image is large (e.g. with
`modules=most`)).

>> > Doubt: after this, by default old kernels will be cleaned up in
>> >        Bullseye Vs Buster?
>> I don't think APT ever cleans up old kernels for you (at least in its
>> default configuration).
> Read something about it during the upgrade.. was checking here.

Maybe my info is out of date then.

        Stefan