Re: No space left when: update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.0-5-amd64

Am Mittwoch, 7. April 2021, 14:20:46 CEST schrieb Marco Ippolito:

Hi Marco,

just get rid of older kernels.

This is may way:

1st, check your running actual kernel:

uname -a

Then check all installed kernel versions:

ls /boot

You will see several kernels. I suppose, apt-get autoremove will not unistall them, so just use aptitude with the version you want to uninstall:

aptitude purge ~n4.9.10-amd64-*

This will uninstall all stuff with "4.9.10-amd64-" in its name, this means kernel, headers and maybe selfcompiled kernel modules like the nvidia-stuff.

Please check before saying "Y" what is going to be uninstalled.

Do this with all the kernels, except the one you are actually running.

This is working well for me, so good luck!

Best regards

Hans

--

Hans-J. Ullrich

zertifizierter Datenschutzbeauftragter

zertifizierter Datenschutzauditor

zertifizierter Penetrationtester

zertifizierter IT-Security Professionell

zertifizierter IT-Forensik Professionell

zertifizierter Network Vulnerabilty Professionell