Re: Temporary failure in name resolution

https://wiki.debian.org/resolv.conf

> but if it was happening to
> me, I would replace
>
> 	nameserver 192.168.1.254
>
> with
> 	nameserver 1.1.1.1
> 	nameserver 1.0.0.1
>
> and possibly add
>
> 	nameserver 192.168.1.1
>
> or whatever the IP of your router is.

I'm assuming 192.168.1.254 is his router.

As of right now, we have at least two people posting to debian-user
about DNS failures involving what appears to be their home router's
forwarding DNS service, and Debian 10.9.

Switching the nameserver lines in resolv.conf to something *other than*
the home router's DNS seems like a reasonable workaround.  Many of us
do that full-time anyway.

If anyone knows of a change to libc6 or libnss* in Debian 10.9 that might
be the underlying cause of these issues, please file a bug report or
something so it can be fixed.

> Then I would
>
> 	sudo chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

That's *one* of the methods listed on the wiki.  Just be aware that it
can leave a whole bunch of /etc/resolv.conf.dhclient-new.* files sitting
around, and be prepared to remove them.

(I use a weekly crontab job.)