Re: Temporary failure in name resolution

Dan Norton composed on 2021-03-31 12:46 (UTC-0400):

> # cd /etc
> # cat resolv.conf
> domain attlocal.net
> search attlocal.net
> nameserver 192.168.1.254
> [something removes additional nameserver lines that I add]
I can't tell why this happens, or suggest a proper fix, but if it was happening to
me, I would replace

	nameserver 192.168.1.254

with
	nameserver 1.1.1.1
	nameserver 1.0.0.1

and possibly add

	nameserver 192.168.1.1

or whatever the IP of your router is. Then I would

	sudo chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

and expect no further need for thumb drive or Windows.

Is resolvconf installed?

What is output from

	systemctl status systemd-resolved.service

In Bullseye right now I have neither resolvconf installed, nor systemd-resolvd
enabled, and am running static IP.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/