Re: IANA port ups/401

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 04:51:55PM +0200, Roger Price wrote:
Has any reader of this list ever used IANA port ups/401
"Uninterruptible Power Supply" (other than the One Windows Trojan)?
I'm looking for protocol documentation or reports of usage. The port
was assigned in 2008 to Mr. Charles Bennett as both assignee and
contact. Mr. Bennett himself died in 2015.

Funny. Search engine finds someone with your name:

 https://html.duckduckgo.com/html/?q=%22401%22+%22UPS%22+site:tools.ietf.org

giving:

 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol-00

I have the strong hunch you /know/ this person :-)

I do not confirm and I do not deny that I know that guy :-) In the discussions associated with the I-D, I expect IANA to ask to be shown that there are no current users for ups/401. It seemed useful to tap the accumulated wisdom and deep memories of the debian list.

Cheers, Roger