Re: IANA port ups/401

Roger Price wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 04:51:55PM +0200, Roger Price wrote:
> > > Has any reader of this list ever used IANA port ups/401
> > > "Uninterruptible Power Supply" (other than the One Windows Trojan)?
> > > I'm looking for protocol documentation or reports of usage. The port
> > > was assigned in 2008 to Mr. Charles Bennett as both assignee and
> > > contact. Mr. Bennett himself died in 2015.

Sysadmin-type since 1996ish, so: in the last 25 years, I believe
the only time I have encountered "ups/401" is in /etc/services.

SunOS
Solaris
DEC OSF/1
Harris Nighthawk something-or-another B3 (awful even for the
time)
VMS on a microVAX the size of a largish microwave oven
NetBSD and OpenBSD but somehow never FreeBSD
Linux in many distros

-dsr-