Re: DNS problems on Raspberry Pi 400 (Debian 10.9)

Moritz Kempe wrote:
[...]
> I noticed the problem, while i was browsing the internet and got confused
> because after a while some domains could not longer be found/connected to by
> the browser. (On both, Firefox and Chromium)

I had similar issues, when I changed DNS configuration at my DSL router.

I enabled on my DSL router: TLS for DNS, and, parallel, switched to
public, non-censored DNS servers, as suggested by a large German computer
magazine.

Those DNS servers were independent and respect more privacy, compared to
my ISP. But after a while I noticed, that those public DNS servers drop
requests and I saw your error messages at my side too, especially if there
were a lot of name resolutions in a short time period.

Those errors vanished after a while (several minutes) and everything
worked as expected. But then, when resolving again a lot of domain names,
the issues were back. Especially when I download from S3 Amazon, because
the IP address for s3.[...].amazon.com changes every 10 seconds or so.

Don't know, if both are related.

But my suggestion is to look at your DSL router: if you changed the
defaults for DNS, and, if so, switch back to original, default setting for
testing purpose.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27