Re: Button events from headphone+micro combo

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 04:19:38PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Does acpi-listen pick them up?
>
> No, it does give me the
>
>     jack/headphone HEADPHONE unplug
>     jack/headphone HEADPHONE plug
>
> events but nothing when I press those buttons.
>
> > It's entirely possible that the Librem doesn't have a sound chip
> > that translates impedance changes to button clicks. You could
> > ask the hardware folks, right?
>
> Not the worst idea ;-)

Perhaps not a good one, but a crazy one. Judging by the blatant
signal seen in the ref [1] I posted yesterday... couldn't that
be done in software?

Now I have no access to such a headset, and besides, I'm currently
feeling my customer's fiery breath down my neck, so don't answer
too quickly "show me the code", but...

:-)

Cheers
 - t