Video hangs on ThinkPad X220 T

Hi,

I'm having what I suppose are random (not frequent) video server hangs.
This is a ThinkPad X220 T with Debian Testing and:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd
Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
[8086:0126] (rev 09)

I'm using IceWM here, but not sure if that's relevant.
The symptoms are that randomly screen image gets frozen, but with some
(also random) little variations, but mostly frozen, meanwhile everything else
in the system seems to keep working fine, even the WM keyboard shortcuts
(but you have to imagine what's happening, of course).

Only thing I found that seems apparently relevant in both `sudo journalctl`
and `sudo dmesg` is:

debian kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] GPU HANG: ecode 6:1:85fffffc,
in eadedCompositor [10433]
debian kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] Resetting chip for stopped
heartbeat on rcs0
debian kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] eadedCompositor[10433] context
reset due to GPU hang

Any idea what to do/where to look?

Sometimes you get logged-off from your session and put back to the DM
log-in screen. Other times you have to kill the WM from another tty and then
re-log. Everything else seems ok.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.