Re: how to record sound to mp3

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:20:56PM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
>  Thanks to all that reply!
> now i modify my requirement tohow to use arecord to record sound being played to wav file
> i use buster, how to set default sound recording source?in early debian distro(stretch?) sound mixer can be used to set recording source
> PS: i use twm, i'm afraid that gnome recorder isn't good choice for me

Ah -- twm. Fond memories. I upgraded to Fvwm :-)

Back on topic: I see you have a minimalistic setup. Perhaps
you need alsamixer/amixer to learn about your sources and
get the sound routing right.

Sorry, I'm a bit tight on time, otherwise I'd play a bit around
to see whether it works.

If you are playing something with mplayer, perhaps you don't need
a recording app at all -- (see mplayer's "-ao" option, for "audio
output". Something around

  mplayer ... -ao "mp3:file=foo.mp3"

might just work for you).

Cheers