Re: Hardware failure?: Now what? Is this worth pursuing?

Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:52:27 -0600 Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

>> I ran an amd64 VM for 24 hours, and no errors. I just fired up a 486
>> VM, and no errors. I will let that run 24 hours and see what that
>> does.
>>
>> The i386 VM is "qemu32". I see a kvm32 in my list of options. I may
>> try that as well.

> I ran the VM as qemu32 for a few seconds, and got 7 more errors. I
> then switched the VM to "kvm32". I have been running that for about an
> hour and seen 27 more errors. Still, that strikes me as pretty
> conclusive.

> Is this even worth pursuing?

Only as an amusing part-trick: "Look here folks, I can create an MCE on
demand."

Other than that: Intel has acknowledged the defect as an official
erro^Werratum and documented it. So "case closed" in that regard.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.