Re: efibootmgr headach?

On 21/03/2021 5:30 pm, didier gaumet wrote:
> Le 21/03/2021 à 11:17, Morgan Read a écrit :
> [...]
>> I was trying to boot from standard PureOS usb boot image.
> [...]
>> 'The selected boot device failed.  Press <Enter> to Continue.'
> [...]
>
> Hint: the following page of the PureOS website seems to indicate that
> PureOS is not UEFI compliant
>  https://tracker.pureos.net/w/installation_guide/boot_prompt/
>
> I just downloaded the PureOS iso file and I cam confirm this is still
> valid: needed EFI files are not present
>
> So if you want to boot PureOS and your UEFI permit it, configure it in
> something like BIOS Legacy mode or BIOS compatibility mode (try to make
> your UEFI be seen by the OS as a real BIOS).
> When you want to boot Windows/Fedora/Debian, revert to pure UEFI

Thanks Didier, Greg & Deloptes

Right!  So, TWO problems - I might have guessed I was getting poked from
two sides at once...
1) PureOS doesn't do UEFI - yup, that would have lost me completely -
thank you very much Didier for noticing that!
2) '... although if you have something like "Fast Boot" etc. could
cause problems.'
Hmm - I wonder - I do have 'Fast Boot' enabled...  Thank you Deloptes, I
will investigate.