Re: fsck error on boot: /dev/sda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY and Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

IL Ka composed on 2021-03-18 17:45 (UTC+0300):

> Robbi Nespu wrote:

> Device     Boot Start        End    Sectors   Size Id Type
>> /dev/sda1          63 1953520456 1953520394 931.5G  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

> This one is wrong.
> https://wiki.debian.org/DiskBlockAlignment

> Old disk management tools did such alignment because they believed that any
> drive uses 512 byte sectors.
> But modern software (starting from Win7 I believe) uses 4KB alignment
> because it is compatible with advanced format and SSD.

> I think you  need to fix alignment.

> The easiest way to do so is to delete the partition and create a new one,
> but there are also tools to move the partition and preserve data (google
> for them)
This old alignment usually only reduces performance on a 4k sector HDD. It may
cause Grub2 to fail to install. Otherwise, it need not be corrected, which is
dangerous to the existing Windows installation, unless you purposely repartition
and reinstall Windows.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/