Re: Google Translate stopped working

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 04:13:59PM +0000, Kleene, Steven (kleenesj) wrote:
> My home desktop (let's call it PC1) has been running Wheezy and firefox-esr
> 68.9.0esr-1~deb9u1.

I seriously doubt a deb9u* package (stretch-security) is going to work on
a wheezy system.

> apt-get remove firefox-esr
> rm -rf ~/.mozilla
> apt-get install firefox-esr
>
> That gave me 78.8.0esr-1~deb9u1 with none of my preferences.  It still failed.

Please show us the output of

cat /etc/debian_version
apt-cache policy

If you ARE in fact running stretch-security on a wheezy base, then you've
got a severe frankendebian system, and the surprising thing is that it
actually *boots*, let alone manages to run X and a web browser.  The
fact that various web sites have stopped working is the least of your
concerns.