Re: [?]Are Realtek Audio Drivers for Linux available for use

On 13/03/2021, Stefan Monnier <m***l.ca> wrote:
...		...	[snipped]	...		...

>> Expectation is enabling Duplex audio. Record while playing AV stream.
>> With pulseaudio Volume Control. Isn't possible presently.
>
> My understanding is that you expect the feature you need to come from
> the audio driver, but IIUC in systems like Debian, this kind of feature
> is actually provided independently from the hardware's driver.
>
> IOW your problem is not with the Realtek audio drivers but with the
> audio system you're using on top of it (presumably pulseaudio).

Yes, I have begun to understand this over my conversations with my
brilliant team leaders.

Now what this entails is to be guided to run some prescribed tests on
my laptop, particularly for the package pulseaudio, and file the
outputs of those tests as a Bug Report.

So that the problems are addressed in the next edition of the current Release.

Moreover, the problems associated with pulseaudio would go way on this
package's next release, only if a Bug Report is filed.

> So you might want to rephrase your question (and change the title) in
> terms of "how do I do <foo> with pulseaudio".
...		...	[snipped]	...		...	[snipped]	...		...

Yes of course, I shall be glad to.

But first it would be nice if I could be advised to run some standard
tests prescribed and file a Bug Report.

At least, this way, I could play my role in the Scheme of Things so
far as FSF GNU-Linux is concerned.

Moreover, I had also written to Mr. David Wright personally to guide
me on his experiences with alsa, so that I could fall back on alsa for
the time being. If I am happy with the outcome, I could continue using
alsa instead of pulseaudio.

Best.