Re: /home partition filling immediately after recent sid upgrade

On Vi, 12 mar 21, 17:42:48, Tixy wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-03-12 at 18:13 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > My personal favorite:
> >
> >     du -hx --max-depth=1 <path> | sort -h
> >

> You can use the short option -d instead of --max-depth, and make it's
> parameter '1' come straight after [1], so my go-to command for tracking
> down where disk space is been used is...
>
> du -hd1 | sort -h
>
> then 'cd' into a likely candidate directory and repeat.
>
> [1] parameters for short options like this only works for last short
> option in a joined list, e.g. -d1h is invalid.

Ah, that's probably why I stuck with the long form when I started using
it. I'm guessing I was bit by my habit of adding options as I read
through the man page (and du(1) has them mostly in alphabetic order).

Will start retraining my fingers ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei