Re: Using Gmail on Debian mailing lists

On Thu 11 Mar 2021 at 15:00:06 (-0700), Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 14:49:51 -0400 Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
>
> > Does it work if I rather put this signature at the end of every
> > message?
>
> > Time zone: GMT-4
> > Months: Ene = Jan ; Abr = Apr ; Ago = Aug ; Dic = Dec
>
> Actually, the time zone is redundant, as it is indicated in the
> time/date stamp on your emails, as indicated above.

It only works with the first level of attribution, because the next
person to quote the quote may have a different timezone in their header.

And that leaves aside the problem of attributions that have been
silently converted into the quoter's timezone, with or without a
new TZ being specified).

Plus, it does appear that there are MUAs that attribute the time
of a quote to the time at which the replier *started their reply*
to the original email, which is completely bizarre. (There are
several such MUAs posting here.)

Cheers,
David.