Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:

> I think too that it could be better than both Debian and Windows are
> today. In Windows, if you look under C:\Windows\System32\ it becomes
> scary.

Same when you open the hood of your car, no?
Not to mention aircraft engine ... so to put it short - in life a lot of
things are based on conventions (for example language, driving rules,
keyboard etc.). You learn those conventions and go along. The conventions
help us understand each other.
Example: Europe/USA driving on the right side. England/Japan driving on the
left side.
"Scary" means you have no idea - learn, and it will become clear what is
what and why is there.
Once a convention was established, it is very hard to change it, because it
needs re-consolidation of the knowledge of all the people following the
convention. There must be a good reason for this effort and I do not see
any.

This topic is obsolete.