Re: Using Gmail on Debian mailing lists

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 at 12:34, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z
<santiagopinth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question, why should I use "reply to all" instead of "reply",
> aside that "reply to all" puts the mailing list on copy.

That's my method of persuading Gmail to reply to the list, but it also
requires that I remember to delete all the other recipients and
move the list address into the "To:" field.

> Since I should not send the emails directly to someone,
> I still have to delete the "To:" entry, then I just add the mailing list.

That sounds like an alternative method to get the same outcome :)

> Also, I saw that "reply to all" quotes the whole thread.
> I would not like to bloat the messages with such big quotes.

Agreed. The polite etiquette on this and many other mailing lists
is that you are expected to edit the big quote down by deleting all but
the minimum required to give context for a reader who might
not have read any prior messages. As I have done in this message
for example.