Re: Hardware requirements between Debian 9 and 10

On 03/10/2021 09:06 AM, songbird wrote:
Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
[snip]

   my preference with that little memory would be to install a
lightweight desktop (i use MATE and that works fine for my
purposes).

I originally used Gnome2 because it was available and tolerated/assumed my WinXP habits. IOW chose a desktop more for how it matches your use patterns than how big/fast/versatile/lethargic/etc _others_ say it is. I consider Gnome3 a *DISASTER* and continued continued with Gnome2 until MATE was released. It got my attention as it was touted as a Gnome replacement. I like MATE.

PS: If I'm not using the mailing list properly, let me know,
I never used any before.

   only that i wish people would stop posting HTML.

   songbird