Re: Hardware requirements between Debian 9 and 10

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z composed on 2021-03-09 19:22 (UTC-0400):

>> My 2 cents worth, Deb10 with either Mate or xfce desktop. KDE/plasma is
> great, but I find it slow to load on i7 with 8G ram and add. It has more
> config options, but I've gotten over that. Oh, I don't boot often, but I've
> grown impatient.

>> As I said, my 2 cents worth.

> Wow, it looks like KDE is really bloated.

KDE is one of the oldest DEs, thus has acquired more features. They need not be
used all at once, so need not generate the giant monolith feeling many would have
you believe. It need not use any more RAM than XFCE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrvJOXypAbk
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/