Re: Hardware requirements between Debian 9 and 10

> I'm new to GNU/Linux systems.  I would like to know
> why the RAM requirements showed here:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/ch03s04.en.html
> are double the size of those displayed here:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/ch03s04.html.en

I think it just reflects the progressive increase of memory use of
"typical" desktop applications, including the desktop environment: that
doesn't mean the memory use really doubled, but they just chose to
increase the recommended memory in steps of x2: I have a 1GB laptop here
(with XFCE4) and using Firefox on it has been painful for many
years already.

        Stefan