Re: on the verge of shopping for new desktop hardware, recommendations?

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021, 5:06 AM Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
On 03/07/2021 12:48 AM, Kenneth Parker wrote:
>[snip]
> I was dragged, "kicking and screaming" to UEFI booting.  But, now that
> I'm here, it's "sort of" grown on me.
>
> What helped me, a lot, is a package called Refind.  It's available on
> Debian, through normal Apt-Get, though it's good to, carefully read the
> Documentation before Installing.

I quickly browsed http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/, its homepage, which
contains many references. Any other recommended reading on UEFI?

If you include the "reading list" at the bottom of the web page, I have not found anything better.  (And this is one of the few occasions, where I responded to the request for financial donations).

Kenneth Parker