Re: Bullseye - no sound

On Wed 03 Mar 2021 at 04:57:59 (+0300), IL Ka wrote:
> > $ pacmd list-sinks
> > 2 sink(s) available.
>
> pulseaudio is aware of both of your soundcards (although one is physically
> muted).
> Which software reports "No output or input devices found"?
>
> Since both devices are connected via alsa driver, you may try to use "$
> alsamixer", make sure it is not muted on alsa level, and then run "$
> pavucontrol" and move the volume bar to see if it produces any sound.
>
> But I am not pulseaudio expert, so let's wait for someone who has more
> experience

The OP has two sound cards, and the index 0 (usually the default) card
is the HDMI output, unlikely to be connected to the speakers.

So try   alsamixer -c 1   to use the other card. Then check for
muting (m toggles), and use arrows to navigate and change volume.
Depending on the source, you might need several turned up, eg
Master, Speaker, PCM, Line, CD, etc.

I have little experience with pulseaudio so far.

Cheers,
David.