Problem converting manual in PDF to HTML for on screen viewing

A program I wish to use distributes its manual as a PDF file.
Due to vision problems I wish to convert it to HTML for onscreen viewing.

pdf2htmlEX is an inappropriate tool as it is too focused on maintaining format of original. Its rigidity results in a fixed number of *characters* per line irregardless of chosen font size. As there is nothing formatted as a table, this restriction is inappropriate.

The only relevant links in the document are from the "Table of Contents" to the appropriate section. pdf2htmlEX *IGNORES* them!

A suggested tool?
TIA