Re: ajuda

To clarify the situation

(i) You have installed Debian but not the graphics card yet and you are having issues with installations because it does not accept the password that you set up during the installation. You successfully changed either the root or the user or both passwords? And after the change the sudo command still did not accept the new password? I have no idea that would be the case. Maybe some of the more experienced members have an idea.
For installation of NVIDIA https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers is a page you can look up ç
(ii) No it is not normal. After you change the password the new one should work. Normally passwords are changed by the command "sudo passwd username" from command line which asks for new password and if a password for root user was set up it would ask for root user's password. If these methods for changing the password do not work (which I assumed to be the case in my earlier email) then basically you would have to reset the password in a configuration file somewhere that I forget and would have to look up. But maybe someone on the list knows the answer already and upon seeing the message would reply so do reply to everyone on the list.
(iii) I believe root is the administrative user which can make changes to the system. But problems do occur I think in whatever system one works under, but it is my impression that generally people in this list are helpful in resolving the issues. I hope your experience remains good.
When installing did you create a regular user with a username and password Does this password with the created username work
Did you ever set up your root password