clamav installation question

Hi everyone

When I try to install clamav I am getting errots
When I try to follow installation instructions from debian's site instruction

(i) clamav-data package is not available in the repository
(ii) freshclam gives the error
"!checkdbdir: Can't ope directory /var/lib/clamav/"
(iii) I can't be sure if it is running or not. systemctl status clamav-daemon.service states it to be inactive.

when I try to follow the instructions on clamav's site

check-devel package is a requirement but is unavailable in debian repository.