Re: authentication bug (or feature?) with multiple encrypted lvm2 volume groups

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 22:19:03 +0100
Marco Möller <talby@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> wrote:

> Obviously, the in Step 2 entered (wrong) password (for "A") is stored
> and without further interactive consultation automatically used as
> the input for the password authentication of "B".
> Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a bug, where to report it?

I think it is a feature. Had A and B had the same passphrase, the
system would have asked for a passphrase for A, and then applied it to
B as well; a nice convenience.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com