authentication bug (or feature?) with multiple encrypted lvm2 volume groups

Two volume groups (lvm2) exists, Each of them is encrypted and thus protected by its own password. Lets call the volume groups and their corresponding passwords like this:

VG    password
"A"   "pwA"
"B"   "pwB"

"pwA" and "pwB" differ from each other.

Step 1: during boot I am asked for the password of "A"
Step 2: by accident I enter "pwB"
Step 3: consequently an error message is shown and "A" is not opened
Step 4: I am asked again for the password of "A"
Step 5: I now enter correctly "pwA"
Step 6: "A" is opened
Step 7: "B" is immediately opened without asking for its password

I confirmed, that the opening of "B" does only take place, when having entered in Step 2 the "pwB". If I enter in Step 2 something else, then in Step 7 it is asked for the password of "B", I would enter it in a Step 8 correctly and consequently in a Step 9 the "B" would be opened.

Obviously, the in Step 2 entered (wrong) password (for "A") is stored and without further interactive consultation automatically used as the input for the password authentication of "B".
Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a bug, where to report it?

Thanks in advance for your kind advice, Marco.

PS: This is how in the past, more than a year ago, I created this two encrypted volume groups according to my installation notes: When installing a new Debian/testing (bullseye) OS, then I "Create new empty partition table”, then created also these two volume groups by "use as: physical volume for encryption" followed by "Create encrypted volumes".