Re: How to view a troff formatted file?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021, 10:28 AM Alain D D Williams <addw@phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 07:59:13AM -0800, Will Mengarini wrote:
> Your groff command references $o but your script sets no value
> for it, so $o is either empty or inherited from your environment.

Oh, that comes from the ps_print script that I hacked this out of.
$o was options, empty string for this script.

Thanks, fixed.

Also use of $0 which should have been $progname

Me: just updated a script last changed 19 years ago.

Something tells me you had it under source-code control too, using rcs most likely ☺ Very minimal in the Old Unix Way: source control with 3 short subcommands. None of this bloated Linus Torvalds "git" galactic-ware 😂
--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/