Re: AD user can't ssh in

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 8:42 PM Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 6:10 PM Tibz Loufok <thiboyz@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I suppose realmd configured sssd.

Yes.

You may need to authorize your users to login. (By using AD gpo or managing it locally).

The parameter is access_provider.
But you can also use realm command to allow locally some AD group.

Also sssd has some logs. You can edit sssd.conf to modify the log level.

Red hat has a good documentation on this subject and it was really helpfull for me as I had to integrate centos and Debian (from 8 to 10). (I configured access locally not by GPO)

I may give you more precise information when I will be at work.

I appreciate the response, and look forward to more precise info, should you be able to provide it.

I've dug through quite a bit of Redhat documentation, but most of it is still beyond me, especially since the specifics don't match Debian setups

Also, about every other hit is behind a paywall, though. For example, just now I searched for "access_provider", and the first hit I tried was a Redhat link, and ran into a paywall. Arg.

Again, thanks for the response!

Digging a little deeper on "access_provider", it seems that's more related to general authentication into a system, rather than specifically to ssh working for a user. But, since I'm woefully green in this entire realm, I may be wrong.

--
Kent

Regards